Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New to the Living Room

There have been a few new additions to the living room.  The first addition is still in progress.  After sitting in this room for the past few weeks I've decided that its time to do something about the throw pillow situation.  I've had "temporary" pillows in here for the past few months after my old ones were ruined by the four year old of the house.  The temps are officially driving me crazy.  So I've had swatches out for the past few days-- since fall is upon us I'm thinking I might make some velvet pillows-- how's that for cozy?  Just gotta pick the right color.  I'm on it-- I have a lot of free time in the day to stare at the samples from across the room.



And here's the other more unfortunate addition to the living room-- a stationary exercise bike.  Not only is it unattractive-- it is also pain inflicting.  My physiotherapist assures me that I will be able to do a full revolution on the bike in no time.  I don't believe her.  Today I am quite certain that my knee will never bend like that again.


But past experience tells me that she's probably right.  I may just be eating my words in a few days.  Until then, I'll be here on the bike-- or on the couch :)

7 comments:

Jamie said...

I like the middle and far right swatches... but maybe I need to see them in person to really judge :)
And sorry about the exercise equipment addition to your living room...

Gord and Andrea said...

i've been swooning of that peacock blue for a while and i love the velvet :)

KDees said...

Love the middle swatch! Go with that one!! And, take it easy on that bike...one day at a time!

Bonnie said...

Definitely loving the colour and intensity of the middle one.
Hope the recovery continues to move forward with as little pain as possible! Thinking of you.

Amber. said...

My vote is the far right swatch! Looks great!! We had velvet cobalt blue curtains in our old house. I embraced them at the time, even found velvet pillow cases from Ikea to match, but was glad to leave those curtains behind ;) All the best with the exercise bike! Like Karen said, one day at a time. It must be hard to have patience though...

Flowers2boys said...

i vote middle swatch - from your picture it seems to be the best fit for your chair and your walls, plus the richness of the color seems very fall friendly!
Maybe you might considered sewing yourself a velvet slip cover for the bike too... that would be soooo snazzy (lol)

Elissa said...

slipcover the bike-- haha :) I guess if it's in the living room it's fair game... right?