Monday, May 06, 2013

Five Fav's

Happy Monday everyone!  Since I can't think of anything else to blog about today... I figured we'd do another list of top 5's again this fantastic Monday morning...

1.  Sunny Beaches.  We packed up the kids and enjoyed a Saturday at Stanley Park.  It was so much fun-- we came home that evening with a couple of happy, smiling, sandy kids.

2.  New Earrings!  I pretty much never wear jewelry, especially earrings.  I probably haven't worn earrings in close to 4 years since dangly ones drive me bonkers and because my ears are so sensitive it's almost impossible to find earrings that I don't react to.  But I've been seeing some really cute studs out there lately and was getting worried that my earring holes were going to grow closed.  So I decided to give these ones from Stella and Dot a try.  And.... LOVE them!  They can be dressy or casual, they don't dangle and drive me nuts, and I can wear them all day without breaking out into hives.  I've started wearing them a few days a week...  



3.  Summer haircuts in the backyard.  I don't know about you, but BBQ's and buzz cuts seem to go together in our house.  Caleb was not a fan.  He screamed in terror for the duration of his haircut.


But then I snapped a picture of his new hairdo and showed it to him.  And he loved it.  Can't stop rubbing his head.  Can't stop making other people rub his head.  All the rubbing might drive his teacher crazy today...



4.  Starbucks half price Fraps!!  I've had a Starbucks card burning a hole in my pocket over the past few weeks so I've been putting it to good use lately AND using up a whole lotta gas driving around town to hit up the Starbuck's with the drive thru's.  Seriously... can they just put one of those drive thru's in the middle of town?  I would be there daily...


5.  And for number 5.... I'm going to have to go with smiling babies in... what do you call these things anyways?  Rompers?  A one piece?  A bodysuit?  Well anyways, it's cute.  And you can get it here.  I think I'm going to have to wait for a crazy Gap 40% off sale and grab a few more one piece outfits for the little guy since they have SO many cute ones for summer.


And that concludes today's five favourites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They usually have some of those rompers at Costco in summer, Carter's. I'll let you know if I see any!
Heidi

Trev and Rebekah said...

yeah for smiles, sun, beaches and haircuts. Oh how I wish we could come join you for one of your BBQ's in the deck.

Keep an eye open for mail in your mail box!

find property said...

Great last picture of a smiling baby. Great sunny climate with your kids on a vacation.

stephanie joy said...

um... yay!
i'm partial to #2.
did you know that i sell stella & dot??
if only i lived a few provinces closer... maybe i could do a party for you!!
don't know if you already know a stylist, but if you don't feel free to check out my page:
www.stelladot.com/stephthiessen
glad you like the studs!!
have you seen our amazing new bags??? :)

(by the way... love caleb's haircut pics... hilarious!)